Vai al contenuto

AL VIA UN NUOVO CONTEST: IN PALIO VAN HELSING, TWO WORLDS 2 E AVENCAST! PARTECIPATE NUMEROSI!

Vi invitiamo a leggere le ultime novità relative ai banner e alla nuova campagna di donazioni a supporto di RPG Italia.

Foto

Animated Grass Flickering Problem

• Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 11 risposte

TeaRz

TeaRz

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 3 Messaggi
Here is a video of my problem. Morrowind with Animated Grass has been previously installed on my PC before I upgraded it. I had 2 Radeon HD 6870 video cards and didn't have this problem, I now have a Radeon HD 7970 and I'm starting to think this is a driver problem since the 7000 series cards have early drivers.

Phantom Ryu

Phantom Ryu

Frequentatore occasionale

• Utenti
  • StellaStellaStellaStella
  • 247 Messaggi
The video is set to private. Can't view.
The complete playthrough with Morrowind Overhaul 2.0, and a start-to-finish install guide:
http://www.youtube.com/user/phantomryu

TeaRz

TeaRz

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 3 Messaggi

The video is set to private. Can't view.

My bad, you can view it now.

FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 5 Messaggi
I have the exact same problem with a 7950.

Phantom Ryu

Phantom Ryu

• Utenti
  • 247 Messaggi
ATI cards seem to have issues with this game. Not sure if it's the Overhaul or just Morrowind in general. If updating to latest drivers doesn't work, I would check in three places:

1) Make sure Morrowind Launcher.exe is running as an administrator at all times
2) Make sure all plugins are selected in the "Data Files" section of the Launcher
3) Go into MGE and re-generate distant land, but make sure all plugins are selected in the Distant Land Setup Wizard. I had a few plugins that weren't selected for some reason and had some similar issues.
The complete playthrough with Morrowind Overhaul 2.0, and a start-to-finish install guide:

FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 5 Messaggi
I've tried all these solutions and none have worked.

Phantom Ryu

Phantom Ryu

• Utenti
  • 247 Messaggi
Argh. The only other thing I can think is to try to experiment with some of the shaders. As I don't have an ATI card, I'm afraid that I can't really help much more. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone else will bail me out on this. :D

FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 5 Messaggi
Thank you anyway :)

I think I'll wait for new drivers.

TeaRz

TeaRz

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 3 Messaggi

Thank you anyway :)

I think I'll wait for new drivers.

I fixed my problem, for those having the same problem try MGE 3.8.2 instead of MGE XE. I used the same exact settings that I used with MGE XE and got a boost of 20 FPS compared to when I used MGE XE without animated grass installed.

FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 5 Messaggi
YES! It worked, thank you all guys.

Phantom Ryu

Phantom Ryu

• Utenti
  • 247 Messaggi
You're welcome. And thanks to TeaRz for bailing me out on this one. :)

Shadowblade2

Shadowblade2

New entry

• Utenti
  • Stella
  • 15 Messaggi
I have this exact thing with a Radeon HD7970. Just my luck. Is it the drivers or a glitch with MGE-XE? ATI drivers are a bitch to update. The card is so new that their web site doesn't even have it in the drop-down list and the CCC version they have is older than the one *I* have.

Thing is, I've just got MGSO2 with MGE-XE working well except for this flickering thing. I was already using MGE 3.8.2.178 with selected mods on a much less powerful system and didn't have this flickering problem. Just low fps and a lag when moving things from inventory to containers. So I thought this new machine would run things like silk lightning. Well, it does except for this flickering.

And everything I found when looking for an updated MGE was directing me to use MGE-XE or the MGSO2 autoinstaller.

So how do you use the graphics package from MGSO2 and use MGE 3.8.2 to run the distant land thing?

Can you run the optimiser for the exe and RAM without using MGE-XE?

How do you even get the graphics into the game?

Cheers

~

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi